A classic favorite that’s easier than ever when standards mastery is paired with next generation tools for automation and content curation.
1 DIGITAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT CHOCK-FULL OF COLLABORATION TOOLS • A GENEROUS HELPING OF MEANINGFUL STUDENT FEEDBACK • 2 CUPS OF LEARNING OBJECTIVES PROGRESS REPORTS • 1 AUTOMATED CONTENT RECOMMENDATION ENGINE
Standards Mastery Directions:
- Align Instruction & Assessments to Standards
- Clearly Communicate Assessment Criteria
- Provide Specific, Actionable Feedback
- Monitor Classroom Performance
- Use Reporting to Determine Individual Student Progress
1. Align instruction and assessments to district, state, and Common Core standards.
An LMS pre-built with a library of content tagged by standards will help you align lessons and assessments so you can efficiently and effectively track student performance.
2. Clearly communicate assessment criteria to your students.
Students need to know what is expected of them to be successful. Link assessment criteria and standards to individual assignments so that students can readily access, understand and work toward them.
3. Provide specific, constructive, actionable feedback to help students progress.
Help students focus their learning by giving written, audio or video feedback on specific rubric criteria, in addition to overall comments.
4. Monitor classroom performance towards mastery of standards.
Use reporting tools that allow you to see the percentage of students who have mastered each course standard, as well as individual progress against standards.
5. Use reporting to determine individual student progress against each standard.
A student might have scored well overall, but hasn’t mastered a standard that’s critical for future learning.
Get the printable Standards Mastery recipe PDF here and find other great resources for teachers in our New Teacher’s Lounge.